Promotional Code Terms and Conditions
MovieTickets.com Promotional Code Terms and Conditions
These MovieTickets.com Promotional Code Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement”) describe the terms and conditions that apply to use of MovieTickets.com Promotional Codes (“Promo Codes”) that are distributed by MovieTickets.com, Inc. or by third parties that purchase or otherwise acquire Promo Codes from MovieTickets.com, Inc. This Agreement is between you, the recipient and owner of the Promo Code, and CARDCO CI, Inc. (“Issuer”), which is a third party promo code issuer not owned by or otherwise affiliated with MovieTickets.com, Inc. By accepting or using your Promo Code, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree with this Agreement, do not use or accept the Promo Code.
IMPORTANT: This Agreement includes resolution of disputes by arbitration instead of in court and a class action waiver.
1. About Your Promo Code. The Promo Codes are issued by Issuer. Issuer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Promo Code program. Issuer is the sole legal obligor to the Promo Code owner; provided, however, that Issuer may assign its obligations with respect to the Promo Code at any time, in which case such assignee shall become the Issuer and sole legal obligor to the Promo Code owner. MovieTickets.com, Inc. and its affiliates and related entities bear no responsibility or liability for any Promo Codes, and you hereby knowingly release MovieTickets.com, Inc. and its affiliates and related entities from any and all liability or claims of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with the Promo Code.
2. Not for resale. Promo Code cannot be resold and is valid only if obtained from MovieTickets.com, Inc. or an authorized third-party distributor. Promo Code is not valid and will not be honored, and Issuer will not be liable, if obtained from unauthorized sellers or resellers, including through Internet auction sites.
3. Frequently Asked Questions. For answers to frequently asked questions regarding Promo Codes, click here.
4. Expiration/Deactivation. Promo Code expires and will no longer have any value after date set forth on the Promo Code or the promotional materials associated with the Promo Code. No fees for inactivity or service fees apply. However, MovieTickets.com, Inc. will apply its customary fees (including a MovieTickets.com ticket convenience fee) when you purchase a movie ticket, as applicable, regardless of the method of payment used to make the purchase. For more details regarding the convenience fee, please click here. We reserve the right to refuse to honor any Promo Code in the event of a disputed credit card charge, bounced check or other failure of consideration.
5. Redemption. MovieTickets.com, Inc. and its affiliates have agreed with Issuer to accept the Promo Codes for redemption under the circumstances described below. Promo Codes are redeemable only at MovieTickets.com and solely branded MovieTickets.com mobile sites/apps to buy movie tickets for participating theaters only. For a list of participating theaters, please click here.
Promo Codes may not be redeemed in person or at any theatre box office. Promo Codes cannot be used to purchase gift cards or promo codes. Promo Codes are not debit or credit cards. Promo Codes have no cash value, are not refundable and may not be redeemed for cash (except as required by law). To be eligible to redeem the Promo Code, you must first create an account at MovieTickets.com. To redeem the value of the Promo Code, enter the code during the checkout process. MovieTickets.com, Inc.’s and its affiliates’ agreements to accept the Promo Code for redemption are obligations owed solely to Issuer and do not create a third party beneficiary right in any owner of a Promo Code.
6. Reloadable. Promo Codes may not be reloaded with value.
7. No Refunds. No refunds or exchanges are permitted with respect to Promo Codes, except as required by law.
8. Lost, Damaged Or Stolen Promo Code. Safeguard your Promo Code. It will not be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or used without authorization.
Mandatory Binding individual Arbitration. Please read this section carefully. It affects legal rights that you may otherwise have and requires individual final and binding arbitration of most disputes instead of resolution in court.
Arbitration is the submission of a dispute to a neutral arbitrator, instead of a judge or jury, for a final and binding decision, known as an “award.” Arbitration provides for more limited discovery than in court, is subject to limited review by courts, and the result is confidential. Each party has an opportunity to present evidence to the arbitrator in writing or through witnesses. An arbitrator can only award the same damages and relief that a court can award under the law and must honor the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, PUNITIVE DAMAGES WAIVER
You and Issuer agree that any dispute, whether at law or equity, arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the Promo Code, regardless of the date of accrual of such dispute, shall be resolved in its entirety by individual (not classwide or collective) binding arbitration, except that you or Issuer may take claims to small claims court if they qualify for hearing by such a court.
You and Issuer agree that any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis and that class, mass, consolidated or combined actions or arbitrations or proceedings as a private attorney general are not permitted.
You and Issuer agree to waive the right to trial by jury.
This agreement to arbitrate extends to claims that you assert against other parties, including without limit claims against MovieTickets.com, Inc. and its affiliates and related entities.
The Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce and the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this agreement to arbitrate.
This agreement to arbitrate shall survive termination of this Agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if any part of this agreement to arbitrate is deemed invalid or inapplicable, the remainder of the agreement to arbitrate shall still be considered valid and enforceable. If any part of this agreement to arbitrate is deemed invalid or inapplicable, you and Issuer both waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any claims to recover punitive or exemplary damages and any right to pursue any claims on a class, mass, consolidated, or combined basis
Arbitration shall be conducted by JAMS in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules and instructions for how to initiate an arbitration are available from JAMS at http://www.jamsadr.com or 1-800-352-5267. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must serve Issuer’s registered agent for service of process, Northwest Registered Agent, LLC, at 3030 N. Rocky Point Drive, Ste 150A
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the JAMS Rules, except that for claims of less than $1,000, you will be obligated to pay $25 and Issuer will pay all other administrative costs and fees. In addition, for claims of less than $1,000, Issuer will reimburse you for the $25 fee if the arbitrator rules in your favor. Reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses will be awarded only to the extent such allocation or award is available under applicable law.
Any arbitration will take place in or near the county where claimant resides and will be determined by a single arbitrator; provided, however, that upon request by either party, the arbitration shall be conducted via telephone to the extent permitted by the JAMS Rules. The arbitration may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive relief).
Judgment on the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction
Limitation Of Liability. NEITHER ISSUERNOR MOVIETICKETS.COM, INC. NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES MAKES ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROMO CODES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT THAT A PROMO CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND ISSUER’S SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH PROMO CODE. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Governing Law. The laws of the State of Florida, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, shall govern this Agreement and use of your Promo Code.
Changes To Agreement. Issuer reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time in its discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement at www.MovieTickets.com/promocodes.
Fraud. Issuer reserves the right to refuse to honor a Promo Code where Issuer suspects that the Promo Code was obtained fraudulently.